The research activities of the RCL in this area include:
The RCL has participated in several national and EU-funded programs in this field in collaboration with other research groups. Some relevant projects, which have been carried out, are:
Some recent publications in this area are:
Books - Book chapters
1. S. G. Diamantis, A. P. Orfanidis, G. A. Kyriacou, J. N. Sahalos, Hybrid Mode Matching and Auxiliary Sources Technique for Horn Antenna Analysis, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters,Vol. 49, Issue 3, pp. 734-739, Mar 2007.
2. D.G. Babas and J.N. Sahalos, On the Design of Chebyshev Endfire Arrays Subject to a Performance Index, Electrical Engineering, Springer, DOI:10.1007/s00202-007-0059-1, Feb 2007.
3. S.K. Goudos, G.S. Miaris, K. Siakavara and J.N. Sahalos, On the Orthogonal Non-uniform Synthesis from a Set of Uniform Linear Arrays, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, accepted for publication, DOI: 10.1109/LAWP.2007.899915.
4. K. Siakavara, A compact fractal microstrip antenna for GPS and terrestrial radio services, International Journal of Electronics, vol. 94, No. 3 pp. 277-283, March 2007.
5. D.G. Babas and J.N. Sahalos, Synthesis Method of Series-Fed Microstrip Antenna Arrays, Electronics Letters, Vol. 43, Issue 2, pp. 78-80, Jan 2007.
6. E. Siachalou, T. Samaras, C. Koukourlis and S. Panas, On the beam tilting and bit rate selection in mobile systems, Electrical Engineering, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 107-116, 2006.
7. G. S. Miaris, E. Siachalou, T. Samaras, S. K. Goudos, E. Vafiadis and S. Panas, On the base stations antenna system design for mobile communications, Electrical Engineering, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 157-163, 2006.
8. A. Mavrides, G. Kyriacou, J.N. Sahalos, On the Design of Patch Antennas Tuned by Transversely Magnetized Lossy Ferrite including a Novel Resonating Mode, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 62, pp. 165-192, 2006.
9. T N Kaifas, K Siakavara, E Vafiadis, T Samaras, J N Sahalos, On the design of conformal slot arrays on a perfectly conducting elliptic cone, Electrical Engineering, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s00202-005-0329-8, Feb 2006.
10. H. Margaritis, S. Goudos, G. Miaris, T. Samaras and J.N. Sahalos, Orthosynthesis: On the beamforming from a set of uniform linear arrays by the Orthogonal Method, JAE, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 9-22, 2006.
11. T.N. Kaifas, J.N.Sahalos, Analysis of Printed Antennas Mounted on a Coated Circular Cylinder of Arbitrary Size, IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2797- 2807, October 2006.
12. Z. Zacharis, Th. Samaras, E. Vafiadis, J.N. Sahalos, Antenna Array Design by the Orthogonal Method in Conjuction with Element Patterns, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, (8), pp. 1578-1583, 2006.
13. A. Nanos, K. Siakavara, T. Samaras, J.N. Sahalos, A Theoretical Approach of the Assessment of the EM Field in the Vicinity of Apperture Antennas, IEEE Trans. EMC, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 493-501, 2006.
14. M. Chryssomalis and J.N. Sahalos, A spatial Diversity of Two-branch Antenna for Wireless Devices, Electronics Letters, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 266-268, March 2006.
15. G. Miaris, E. Siachalou, T. Samaras, S. Goudos, E. Vafiadis, S. Panas, On mobile communications smart base-station system design, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 139-144, 2005
16. A.A. Mavridis, G. Kyriacou and J.N. Sahalos, Analysis of Circular Patch Antenna Tuned by a Ferrite Post, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 234-237, 2005.
17. T. Samaras, A. Kouloglou and J.N. Sahalos, A Note on the Impedance Variation with Feed Position of a Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna, IEEE Antennas Propag. Magazine, vol. 46, pp. 90-92, 2004
18. T. N. Kaifas, T. Samaras, K. Siakavara, and J. N. Sahalos, A UTD-OM Technique to Design Slot Arrays on a Perfectly Conducting Paraboloid, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1688-1698, May 2005.
19. T. Samaras, A. Kouloglou and J.N. Sahalos, Numerical Investigation of Impedance Variation of a Microstip Patch Antenna with Feed Position, Journal of Applied Electromagnetics, vol. 6, pp. 13-20, 2004
20. K. Siakavara, Th. Ganatsos, A Compact Quadruple Crossed-dipole Microstrip Antenna Designed for Dual Frequency and Beam Scanning Operation, Electrical Engineering, Vol. 86, No. 2, pp. 117-119, Jan. 2004.
21. K. Siakavara, F. Tsaldaris, A Multi-wideband Microstrip Antenna Designed by the Square Curve Fractal Technique, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 41, No 3, May 5, pp.180-185, 2004.
22. K. Siakavara, Enhanced Fractal Microstrip Antenna Performance by Using Photonic Bandgap Fractal Ground Plane, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 42, No 5, September 5, pp.397-402, 2004.
23. G. Miaris, T. Kaifas, Z. Zaharis, D. Babas, E. Vafiadis, T. Samaras and J.N. Sahalos, Design of Radiation Emission Measurements of an Air Traffic Surveillance Radar, IEEE Antennas Propag. Magazine, vol. 45, pp. 35-46, 2003
24. A.A. Nanos, T. Samaras, E.E. Vafiadis and J.N. Sahalos, A Method for the Conservative Evaluation of Safe Space Around Systems with Aperture Antennas, Electrical Engineering, vol. 84, pp. 45-54, 2003
25. Ar. Koufogiannidis , K. Siakavara, Design of a Log-Periodic Aperture–Fed Microstrip Antenna Array, Electrical Engineering, Vol. 85 , No 1, pp.17-20, Feb. 2003.
26. A.A. Nanos, T. Samaras, E.E. Vafiadis and J.N. Sahalos, On the Safety Evaluation of Space in the Vicinity of an Aperture Antenna, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 51, pp. 1706-1715, 2003
27. T. Samaras, D. Babas, E. Vafiadis and J. N. Sahalos, Measurements of the Electromagnetic Radiation from a BTS for Radiation Hazard Purposes, Journal of Applied Electromagnetics, vol. 5, pp. 53-62, 2003
28. G. Kordas, K. Baltzis, G.S. Miaris and J.N. Sahalos, Pyramidal Horn Design under Constraints on Half-Power Beamwidth, IEEE Antennas Propag. Magazine, vol. 44, pp. 102-108, 2002.
29. G. Miaris, S. Goudos, Chr. Iakovidis, E. Vafiadis and J.N. Sahalos, ORthogonal Advanced Methods for Antennas - The ORAMA Computer Tool, IEEE Antennas Propag. Magazine, vol. 44, pp. 62-74, 2002.
30. A. Iliadis, K. Siakavara, Design and Performance of a Microstrip Reflectarray on a Uniaxial Substrate, Can .J. Phys.,Vol. 80, No 1, pp. 7-17 , Jan. 2002.
31. S. Goudos, G. S. Miaris and J. N. Sahalos, On the Quantized Excitation and the Geometry Synthesis of a Linear Array by the Orthogonal Method, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 49, pp. 298-303, 2001
      
  
RCL © 1985-2007